Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So, I'm doing better...I'm doing better with the sweets...I'm eating protein bars instead of Little Debbies....it seems Little Debbie and I need to be acquaintances instead of good friends.
I've started reading this book called "Diet Rehab" ....and really I thought "another book? Another "expert" saying "do this..." don't do that..." but this one has gelled with me....One thing I like about it is the author is a therapist, not a health nut....he is dealing with the mind...and my battlefield is in the mind. Here is one excerpt from the book that really spoke to me...."people with low serotonin levels feel anxious and pessimistic and suffer from low self esteem. Low serotonin levels have been implicated in sleep problems and migraines, as well as depression and mood disorders such as chronic anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Interestingly, heroin addicts often report  powerful sugar cravings as they try to detox from their addiction, suggesting a strong connection between sugar and the pleasure centers of that heroin stimulates." All I'm saying is my sugar cravings are off the charts....and although I'm not saying in anyway that I'm not eating sugar anymore, I"m certainly trying to eat less. Also, the protein bars have well, protein in them...they help me feel satisfied longer.
I'm doing better with my night eating....I'm on my way....
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment